Students with ASD often have unique needs for support in areas that colleges are not mandated to provide. In depth understanding of a student's strengths and challenges and an
institution's ability to support them is essential in facilitating a successful experience.
Jane, Lisa and Lorraine have over 75 years of combined experience in disability service provision in a variety of college environments,
including 4 year, public, private and professional institutions of higher education as well as 2 year community college and technical schools.
As long time members of our respective state and national professional organizations, we have links to colleges and programs throughout the country.
We will help you locate an appropriate college setting for your son or daughter with ASD by:
- Supporting students and families through the application and admission process
- Assessing services and accommodations needed by the student and determining college's abilities to provide needed services
- Serving as a liaison with the Disability Services office
- Consulting with student's faculty
- Reviewing student's past and current documentation
- Critiquing of college essay
- Assisting with application process
- Course advising
"More Colleges Expanding Programs For Students On Autism Spectrum" - Forbes
"With Autism Diagnoses on the Rise, New York universities Offer Students Help" - The Village Voice
"Autistic, And College-Bound" - NPR
"Autism awareness: College programs for students on the spectrum" - CBS News
"Autistic college students navigate the hidden curriculum" - USA Today
"Autistic Kids Learn To Survive, And Thrive, In College" - NPR
Download materials in our Media Center.